Buy this item and earn 12,500 reward points,
worth $12.50 in future purchase credits.
Exceptionally well thought out and executed. This is a beautiful book that is Smyth Sewn Bound, a hard copy book, with gold embossing. The book it titled: SHERLOCK HOLMES - The Hound of the Baskervilles - Arthur Conan Doyle. The book is 8" tall x 5 1/2" wide with 255 pages. There is absolutely no way a person would think this is anything other then the genuine book. This is truly a book test for the person that demands the best on all fronts.
Someone flicks through a book, reads in it and remembers one of the words. You look at the person and tell him without any detours what he is thinking of in detail. Yes, you can tell exactly the word he has in mind! You have read everything correctly - the dream of every mentalist has come true. This is the book test in it's purest and most direct form! That is what has always been meant referring to the effect of a book test but has now been realized for the first time ever.
The facts: You can present the effect alone and under all possible conditions of performance. Nothing has to be forced, nothing is asked, nothing has been written down. You don't have to search for individual letters. The spectator opens the book at random, pages through it, reads something and finally keeps any word that suits him in mind. In a word: he chooses the word absolutely free! There is no need to secretly glimpse any information so the performer is able to stand widely apart from the spectator. And despite (might be because of) the uniquely clear and fair procedure you are able to present an absolutely incredible mind-reading.
"I love this test! The effect is great! ... The method is wonderful! ... It is one of the cleanest and most direct book tests I know of!"
- You will need nothing else than the book.
- Your hands are empty during the whole performance.
- The handling will be mastered perfectly after a short while.
- Even for a person who owns the book that is used himself and has read it, there will not be the slightest doubt that this is the original book. He is allowed to read some pages and still will confirm that this is the content he is familiar with.
- The title used in this effect is one of the worlds most famous detective novels.
- You will receive a 100% original looking hard cover book including original illustrations.
- Comes with excellent supporting material including a 16 page instructional booklet.
- Also included a smaller summary card that serves as an excellent quick reference that reinforces the details needed to perform it.
- Richard Osterlind
"There are many book tests - some good and some not so good. For me the best is "EMPATHY" by Edward Stein. A better book test would be hard to imagine... The particular method of word determination is the gold dust of this test. It is simple and convincing and works perfectly on stage. This book test is a masterpiece!"
- Alexander de Cova on the German edition