Buy this item and earn 350 reward points.
Luis Otero is one of Latin America's leading professional magicians. He is in constant demand for his shows at theaters, private parties and corporate events. He has many television appearances to his credit in addition to performing and lecturing worldwide. He began his career as a very successful restaurant magician in Venezuela where he also founded the Sociedad Venezolana de Ilusionismo and the Escuela Cartomagica de Caracas.
On this DVD he performs and teaches the outstanding and well-thought-out card routines that he performs for lay people and magicians. This is a repertoire of advanced card magic that is beautifully routined and presented.
Routines performed and explained:
Running Time Approximately 95min
- Otero Opener: A visual routine where a card is inserted face up into the deck so half of it sticks out. While in full view the card instantly turns face down and just as visually it changes into the face up selection.
- Transposition By Estimation: A selected card is lost in the deck and a favorite card is placed under a spectator's hand. A number is named as you cut a packet containing that many cards. The card at the named number is shown to be the favorite card while the actual selection is found under the spectator's hand.
- Card To Bill Change: A selected card visually changes into paper money and is later found in your pocket.
- Cartogami: A signed bill is folded and placed inside a card box while a signed selection is lost in the deck. You make three attempts to find the card. On the third attempt you fold the signed bill using "Cartogami" as it visually changes into the signed selection. The signed bill is then found back in the card box.
- Super Jazz Aces: An Ace Assembly based on the Peter Kane classic where the aces vanish one at a time from between indifferent cards and appear in a leader packet. As a kicker finale all four Aces change places with the four indifferent cards.
- Rapidigitation: A card is looked at in the deck. The deck is spread on the table and in an instant you reach inside and pluck the selection.
- Record Aces: A masterful routine where the four Aces are lost and shuffled into the deck as you immediately cut to them in record time. As a kicker ending the deck is now shown in new deck order with the rest of the cards in numerical and suit order.
- Vanishing Collectors: The four Aces are placed on the table as three cards are selected and lost in the deck. The four Aces then vanish one at a time while face-up on top of the deck. When the deck is spread the four aces are seen face-up with the selections sandwiched between them.
- Customized Coincidence: This is a showpiece that Luis uses to close his shows and frequently get standing ovations. The multiphase routine begins with the spectator shuffling the deck face-up and face-down and continues with many coincidences where selected cards match their mates under impossible conditions. The deck is then used for a card control sequence where the cards obey your command as they are found in any face-up and face-down sequence you or the spectators request. As an amazing finale the face-up and face-down cards are now shown to be in identical order.